D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Member in San Francisco

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Member in San Francisco on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:47 pm

Hello all Dornbluth watch owners and fans:

I am a new member and will soon be receiving my Dornbluth 99.1, as I am told that it is about to be shipped. I wanted a watch with classic looks and have enjoyed reading the posts on this forum. I'll post pictures upon receiving the watch and I look forward to participating on the Board.

vincesf

View user profile

2 Welcome Vince! on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:12 am

vincesf wrote:Hello all Dornbluth watch owners and fans:

I am a new member and will soon be receiving my Dornbluth 99.1, as I am told that it is about to be shipped. I wanted a watch with classic looks and have enjoyed reading the posts on this forum. I'll post pictures upon receiving the watch and I look forward to participating on the Board.

vincesf

I've noticed you lurking about for some time now. What configuration did you pick for your 99.1?

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

3 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 pm

dornblogger wrote:

vincesf

I've noticed you lurking about for some time now. What configuration did you pick for your 99.1?

Silver dial, gold applied numerals, gold hands, quattro arret feature, modified sunburst patterns on the wheels, additional engraving on the 3/4 plate, and dark brown leather strap. Hopefully I will have it in a few weeks, as the watch was being tested and will be shipped shortly. I'll do my best to take pictures, but it will not nearly meet the quality of some of the pics posted by others on this site.
Thanks,
vincesf

View user profile

4 Sounds beautiful... on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 pm

vincesf wrote:
dornblogger wrote:

vincesf

Silver dial, gold applied numerals, gold hands, quattro arret feature, modified sunburst patterns on the wheels, additional engraving on the 3/4 plate, and dark brown leather strap. Hopefully I will have it in a few weeks, as the watch was being tested and will be shipped shortly. I'll do my best to take pictures, but it will not nearly meet the quality of some of the pics posted by others on this site.
Thanks,
vincesf

...and a lot like Alain's 99.1, but with gold hands, no? I can't wait to see some photos!

5 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:14 am

Yes, Alain's watch has many of the optional features that I ordered for my watch. I was talked out of blue lettering for my watch when consulting with several people, and thought it would be too similar to my IWC F.A. Jones. As for posting pictures, just don't expect the same level of quality of his pictures that Alain posted, which are quite extraordinary. Also, I would loved to have picked up my watch in Basel. In another life...

Thanks,
vincesf

View user profile

6 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Welcome to the forum, Vince. I look forward to seeing the photos of the watch when it arrives - I like the sound of the gold hands and gold numerals.

View user profile

7 looking forward... on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:10 am

...to seeing the photos. The combination you selected sounds very attractive. The anticipation must be painful at this point!

-Tom

View user profile

8 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:19 am

tee530 wrote:...to seeing the photos. The combination you selected sounds very attractive. The anticipation must be painful at this point!

-Tom

Yes, but it has already been over 6 months of waiting, so what's another 2 weeks? Actually the last 2 weeks are the most painful. Thanks for the posts,
vincesf

View user profile

9 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:20 am

It has been over 1 week with my watch, and of course it has been flawless. I would recommend the Dornblueth experience to anyone.
vincesf

View user profile

10 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Absolutely gorgeous, Vince! Congratulations!

View user profile

11 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Mark wrote:Absolutely gorgeous, Vince! Congratulations!

Mark:
Thank you and I have always thought the same of the enamel dial on your beautiful Dornblueth No. 219.

vincesf

View user profile

12 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Any Dornblueth owners in the San Francisco Bay Area?

vincesf

View user profile

13 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Great photo! Very Happy

View user profile

14 Another owner in San Francisco on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:40 am

tfeldste

Hi,

I live in the City and own a 04.0 (#40).

Tom Feldstein

15 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:54 am

tfeldste wrote:Hi,

Tom Feldstein

Hi Tom,

It isn't true until we see a photo. lol!

Nice number, btw.

Cheers!

16 I owe you many thanks. on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:00 am

tfeldste

You are the one who sparked the redial! Thanks for being my inspiration. I will post some pics over the next few days.

17 Before the redial with its friends on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:06 am

tfdeldst

[/img]

18 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:37 am

dornblogger wrote:
tfeldste wrote:Hi,

Tom Feldstein

Hi Tom,

It isn't true until we see a photo. lol!

Nice number, btw.

Cheers!

I'll remember that Roger! ;-)

View user profile http://www.PearTreePens.com

19 Re: New Member in San Francisco on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 pm

tfdeldst wrote:[/img]

Nice collection!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum