D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facts of the new ladies-model

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Facts of the new ladies-model on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I want to give You the key-data of Dirks new ladies-watch and i hope, my translation is right Wink

Case:
- Massive stainless steel case without nickel, exclusive to this limited production series (75 pieces), made with partner company from the region
- 3-parts, polished / satin finished, double screwed
- Ø 34.5mm
- 9.1 mm height
- 1.2 mm thick sapphire glass front, slightly arched and coated inside
- Screwed sapphire crystal back
- Generously sized crown with raised logotype

Dial:
- Sterling silver
- Extra large eccentric second hand

Movement:
- 27 mm diameter
- 3.8 mm height
- 18 rubies
- 4 screwed gold chatons
- Power reserve 36 hours (+ / - 5%)
- 18,000 semi-oscillations per hour
- Made with parts of old rough movements ETA 1120 from the 50's (from the stock by our friend Helmut Sinn)
- roségold plated three-quarter plate with yellow gold hand-graving of manufactory name and serial number
- Retracting ratchet
- Sunburst finish on the ratchet wheel and crown wheel,
- Screws: flat polished, heat blued with bevelled edges
- Glucydur screw balance with Nivarox-1 hairspring
- Swan neck fine adjustment on the hand engraved balance cock

Price in Germany: 3600,- € (tax included)

And now some pictures:

© D. Dornblüth

Regards
Matthias

PS: See Roger run! Wink

View user profile

2 Great! on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:50 am

Matthias -

Thanks very much for translating the communication from Dirk. It's a beautiful watch! Does Dirk have a name for it yet?

View user profile

3 Re: Facts of the new ladies-model on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:50 am

The reference number is 09.0.
The name of the model is "Jasmin" - the name of his daughter Very Happy .
Regards

Matthias

View user profile

4 What do you all think? on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks Matthias, for posting these great photos and the product description of the Jasmin 09. I think the new dials are very cool, and I can't wait to see them in the metal. Here are some informal shots:

I showed the photos to my wife, who wonders if the design isn't feminine enough. The Dornblüths have expressed that this watch should be (and is) very "Dornblüth". What do you all think?

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

5 Re: Facts of the new ladies-model on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:44 pm

dornblogger wrote:
I showed the photos to my wife, who wonders if the design isn't feminine enough. The Dornblüths have expressed that this watch should be (and is) very "Dornblüth". What do you all think?

I tend to agree with your wife. (FWIW, my wife, upon seeing my black-dialed 04 for the first time, said, "Well, that's a masculine-looking watch!")

I think it's not so much the dial design/color or the size, but the case itself is blocky and somewhat thick, with strong lugs.

I'm the last person to recommend sprinkling on some diamonds, turning the dial pink, attaching a white strap and voila, a ladies' watch, but I think another design round with the case shape could have made a big difference with the appearance of the 09.0. Witness Panerai, which are certainly big watches, but seem to be popular with a certainly segment of women: very attractive, sensuous cases that work on the feminine arm.

As it is, I think the 09.0 might be popular with men. The dials are interesting, the Dornblueth DNA is strong, everything seems to be in proportion, and the case size (34? 35?) is very classic, particular if you don't have gorilla arms. Surprised

Tom

View user profile

6 dornblueth.com updated on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:23 pm

The details of the new 09.0 Jasmin models have appeared on the Dornblueth website:

http://www.dornblueth.com/flash.php?p=collection&s=refcal_09

Very Happy

View user profile

7 Re: Facts of the new ladies-model on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:26 am

Have any guys bought this one? I'm thinking about it due to the lack of 04.0s out there and my 6.5" wrists.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum