D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Servicing/maintenance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Servicing/maintenance on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:52 am

Hi All,

Since my new 99.1 is slowly making its way through the manufacturing process (serial number will be 275 Smile) I thought I should ask some questions about servicing and maintenace and general ongoing care.

Do you look to get your time pieces serviced regularly? Or only when (hopefully never!) something goes wrong?

Do you follow some sort of home maintenance (such as cleaning) regime?

How do you store your watches? Anything different for your daily wear versus those special pieces?

Anything else special you do? Other than stare in admiration Laughing

Cheers

Scott

View user profile

2 Re: Servicing/maintenance on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi Scott,

Two schools of thought on servicing: one says at about 4-7 year intervals (assuming constant use), the other says not until something goes wrong. There are philosophical, practical, and economic reasons for each choice. Personally, I tend to be a "service-it" kind of guy, although I haven't sent my watch back to Kalbe yet.

Other than wiping down my watch with a soft cloth after a hot day, I don't do any cleaning.

My watch sits on my nightstand when it's not being worn. Otherwise, it's being worn... Very Happy I put my father's 1960 Omega Seamaster into the Dornblueth display box so it wouldn't sit around empty...

Tom

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum