D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New fan of Dornbluth desperately seeking 04.0 love

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I have fallen for the Dornbluth bug. I am obsessing about owning a 04.0 one of these days. Unfortunately, as most of you will know, this is going to be a long search. Being resident of Amsterdam, you can imagine I'm relatively envious of Tee530 and his great story of findinig one beyond its sell-by date at the Amsterdam Watch Company (this happened shortly before I even knew what a Dornbluth was, so all is forgiven).

Anyway, if anyone becomes aware of a 04.0 coming into circulation again or (even less likely, I guess), decides to sell their own, please contact me (email would be preferred bmpfox@hotmail.com)) as I would love to join your club of ownership of these beautiful little watches.

Many thanks for your time.

Ben

View user profile
Welcome to the forum, Ben, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 04.0 on your behalf!

View user profile

3 well... on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 am

Hi Ben,

Glad to know you don't hold a grudge.... Very Happy

You don't see many 04.0 models for sale on the secondary market, however, see this recent post if you're having sleepless nights:

[Deleted the link; the watch has moved on to a better home!]

NOTE: I hesitated a long time before posting this link here, because there are many problems with this listing. I DO NOT know the seller and cannot vouch for his truthfulness or reliability.

The listing is for a Dornbluth 99.0. Clearly, this is not what is shown in the photos: it is a gold cased 04.0, number 14 of 75. The seller also screws up the description in several places, clearly showing lack of knowledge about the model. Is this legitimate or a scam? On the negative side the description is full of holes. On the positive side, the seller has a history of posts, and gives pretty clear contact information.

I have tried to trace the provenance of this 04.0 #14 (a side project of mine: I'm interested in knowing who bought all 75 pieces; so far I've found about a third of them Cool ) Al Armstrong of ArmstrongRockwell.com, a well-known and respected dealer, was a recent owner, but he sold it. However, I think you can still find photos of #14 in his web archive. I believe before that it was owned by an active TimeZone member.

That's about all I can help you with. I don't know if you're looking for a gold 04.0 or if you want to pursue this piece, but I wish you the best of luck in finding what you're looking for.

regards, Tom

View user profile

4 My 04.0 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:14 am

tfeldste

Hi All,

I live in San Francisco and am the proud owner of Number 40. (I chose the number in honor of Gale Sayers. I actually got it back today from Dirk after having a new dial put on.

5 cool... on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:03 am

both about Gale Sayers and the new dial. So, what is it and how about a photo?

Tom

View user profile

6 My 04.0 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:20 am

tfeldste

[img][/img]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum