D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jasmin and the 34mm size

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jasmin and the 34mm size on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:18 pm

tfeldste

I understand the modern trend and the growth of watch sizes, but why? 30mm was good enough for the most iconic watch of all time (the 30mm Patek 96) and has been pointed out by others the Simplicity originated in a 34mm size. Why not a Jasmin for men?

2 Why not? on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Who's saying it ought not be done? I've got one reserved (albeit for my daughter), but I'll be happy to post a photo of it on my fat wrist. Laughing

Tom, there's no need to protract this decision so. I say go ahead and pull the trigger! The proportions of this watch will look fantastic on any wrist.

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

3 agree and... on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:11 am

...I tend to think that outer case diameter isn't the best measure for comparing watches' size: I prefer the visible dial diameter instead, since this has a much greater impact on legibility and apparent size. Dornblüth dials are big and it shows.

Dial diameter is difficult to get for comparison purposes; few publish it, and reviews generally don't either. If you want a surprise sometime, though, slap a ruler on the face of a massive Rolex Sea Dweller. IIRC, the dial is 29mm in diameter. The rest is bezel and case. I'll wager the "little" Jasmin has a bigger dial.

Tom

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum