D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reasonable new to collecting watches

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Reasonable new to collecting watches on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I have been fascinated by watches ever since I was a child and owned quite a lot.The collecting though is quite new. I have been reading about Dornblüth for the last couple of years, been in contact with Dirk and only a month ago did I buy a 'used' 99.1 in near mint condition, couldn't find the patience to wait half a year for my Dornblüth Very Happy
I am extremely happy with the watch, received a new original strap and deployment clasp just the other day! My collection also includes a IWC Yacht Club Chroono and a Panerai Base Logo.
Being a Product Designer I have made design my living.

Regards

Michael
Denmark



Last edited by Designaddict on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Hello Michael! on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Welcome to the forum. Please post some photos of you 99.1. I'm sure we'd ll love to see them!

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

3 Thanks! on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Dear Dornblogger

In my Dornblüth research I have had the pleasure of reading about your watches at you own site, my deepest respect! Beautiful pictures, very informative and inspiring. You are definately setting the bar for other Dornblüth collectors to come.

Thanks, Dornblogger!

Regards

Michael

Risskov, Denmark



Last edited by Designaddict on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Welcome to the forum, Michael!

View user profile

5 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 am

Thank you Mark, I look forward to future interesting Dornblüth discussions.

View user profile

6 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:42 am

Tak til dig Michael

Designaddict wrote:Dear Dornblogger

In my Dornblüth research I have had the pleasure of reading about your watches at you own site, my deepest respect! Beautiful pictures, very informative and inspiring. You are defininately setting the bar for other Dornblüth collectors to come.

Thanks, Dornblogger!

Regards

Michael

Risskov, Denmark

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

7 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:12 am

Hi Dornblogger

Surpriced to see you answering in Danish! Very Happy Any Danish relations?

View user profile

8 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 am

Nah, just tried Google Translate! Laughing

Designaddict wrote:Hi Dornblogger

Surpriced to see you answering in Danish! Very Happy Any Danish relations?

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

9 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:48 am

well Google Translate sure works Very Happy
Any plans for a new Dorny? Do you collect other watches or have you been focusing on Dornblüth alone?

View user profile

10 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:20 am

Yes, I have plans for a new Dorny. I've actually got a few, which I've yet to photograph for my blog. Anyways, I've already gone this far, haven't I?

And yes, I have many, many other watches in my collection. I've been having some fun with vintage British miltary watches as of late.

Cheers!

Designaddict wrote:well Google Translate sure works Very Happy
Any plans for a new Dorny? Do you collect other watches or have you been focusing on Dornblüth alone?

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

11 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:08 pm

dornblogger wrote:Yes, I have plans for a new Dorny. I've actually got a few, which I've yet to photograph for my blog. Anyways, I've already gone this far, haven't I?

And yes, I have many, many other watches in my collection. I've been having some fun with vintage British miltary watches as of late.

Cheers!

Designaddict wrote:well Google Translate sure works Very Happy
Any plans for a new Dorny? Do you collect other watches or have you been focusing on Dornblüth alone?


You have even more Dornblueths???? Shocked Wink

I'm looking forward to the photos already!

View user profile

12 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Mark wrote:
dornblogger wrote:Yes, I have plans for a new Dorny. I've actually got a few, which I've yet to photograph for my blog. Anyways, I've already gone this far, haven't I?

And yes, I have many, many other watches in my collection. I've been having some fun with vintage British miltary watches as of late.

Cheers!

Designaddict wrote:well Google Translate sure works Very Happy
Any plans for a new Dorny? Do you collect other watches or have you been focusing on Dornblüth alone?


You have even more Dornblueths???? Shocked Wink

I'm looking forward to the photos already!

....yes, I'm also curious, can't wait seeing them!

View user profile

13 Re: Reasonable new to collecting watches on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Designaddict wrote:Dear Dornblogger

In my Dornblüth research I have had the pleasure of reading about your watches at you own site, my deepest respect! Beautiful pictures, very informative and inspiring. You are definately setting the bar for other Dornblüth collectors to come.

Thanks, Dornblogger!


The same with me. Your collection is more than impressive and the background information is fantastic!

Regards

Thomas

View user profile

14 Sorry for the delay.... on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:50 pm

For 12 months I've been living in temporary quarters while building a new house. It's been quite difficult to make time and space for a photo session!

I have a highly customized CS, which I've promised Dirk that I would not post any photos of (for fear that he might be barraged by special requests), a 99.1 in black with white printing and a DR seconds subdial (opposite to my other 99.1), and a beautiful Jasmine 09. New photos and updates to the blog will be made as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum