D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member here - Looking for a first buy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New member here - Looking for a first buy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi all,

New member here. I love well designed products: clean lines, elegant, classic. Heard about Dornblüth recently (~ a year ago) and am completely taken in by German watches. Especially the small shops that make handmade stuff.

Am looking for a first buy, and would appreciate inputs, comments from people who are fans of Dornblüth, and have already enjoyed these timepieces.

Peace.

View user profile

2 Re: New member here - Looking for a first buy on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi,

yes, Dornblüth watches are classic and elegant all time. Since I was there in Kalbe the first time I´m fascinated of the watches and the persons behind them as well. If you ever have the chance to visit the workshop of Dirk Dornblüth, DO IT!

The actual delivery/ waiting time should be around 8-9 months at the moment. There are only a few occasions that you can buy a Dornblüth right away. Some are offered here by the official Dutch Dornblüth retailer:

http://www.chrono24.com/de/ddornbluethsohn/index.htm?dosearch=true

I had the chance to buy a used 99.3 (2.5 years old) here in Germany (at the moment it is in Kalbe where I collect it end of the month).

View user profile

3 Re: New member here - Looking for a first buy on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi devnull,

As you can see from my other posts I am the proud owner of a Dornblüth 99.1 - a very elegant and masculine watch with a good size and beautiful finish.
I would describe the 99.1 as a entry level model due to the small seconds as the only complication and therefore sold at a very reasonable pricelevel.
It's facinating with the history of Dirk, his father and the little group of employees in Kalbe combined with the direct dialog with the watchmakers making this watch very exclusive IMHO
If you can wait 8 months you have the very rare oppertunity to have influence on the look of the dial, the hands and numerals making your watch very special, almost bespoke!
I have yet to visit Kalbe myself, hope to do it soon.

Regards
Mike

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum