D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

No. 38 returned

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 No. 38 returned on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:50 pm

I brought this piece back home from my latest visit in Kalbe last monday:

It is a 99.3 from 2009 which I bought used and brought it back to Kalbe because the power reserve and date were out of work. Now everything is fine again and no. 38 looks like new!

A little bit out of topic: the weekend before I made my first own watch based on an Unitas 6498-1:

If someone will be in Hamburg I can only advise to attend the workshop of Christine Genesis (www.genesis-uhren.de - the site is in German only).

View user profile

2 Re: No.38 returned on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 am

Your 99.3 looks good! Wear it in good health.

Also, that watch you assembled loos good. How much time does it take to learn/assemble one? Is the workshop open for everyone?

thanks

View user profile

3 Re: No. 38 returned on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks - will hopefully do!

It is a weekend workshop which is free for everyone. You do not need any special knowledge and skills but only interest in watches.

The movement is already assembled first (as it comes from ETA). The first day the participants disassemble the watch/ movement and decorate the back. The second day the movement will be assembled incl. oiling the jewels etc. Afterwards it will be tested.

Christine Genesis do not accept more than 3-4 participants to have enough time for everyone. A lunch is also served (by her partner).

There is also enough time to have a look to her own masterpieces.

View user profile

4 Gorgeous in Rose Gold! on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Congratulations on restoring No. 38 to its original glory. We see a rare few 99.x models in rose gold, but they never fail to impress. Wear it well!

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

5 Re: No. 38 returned on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks to you as well.

I could never imagine to wear a golden watch. But I changed my mind when a saw a golden Dorni with this strap. And when the opportunity came (which is very rare) I was lost...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum