D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Member on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi,

I just found this forum today and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Rich and I live in Toronto, Canada.

I only recently learned of D.Dornbluth & Sohn and immediately fell in love with their watches. Last month I placed an order with Dirk for a 99.1, and expect it to be ready in November or December.

I am very anxious to receive my watch, but will have to remain patient.

View user profile

2 Re: New Member on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 pm

cedargrove wrote:Hi,

I just found this forum today and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Rich and I live in Toronto, Canada.

I only recently learned of D.Dornbluth & Sohn and immediately fell in love with their watches. Last month I placed an order with Dirk for a 99.1, and expect it to be ready in November or December.

I am very anxious to receive my watch, but will have to remain patient.

Hi Rich,

Congratulations with ordering the 99.1

I myself have the 99.1 as you might have seen and I can promise you that the watch is all the waiting worthwhile.

As I have just written at a Danish watchblog - this watch is probably the one I hold dearest of all in my collection although I have watches much more expensive. I feel it is the watch with most soul if you can imagine what I mean by that.

The fact that it is made by a few persons in a little watchmaker shop and with quite simple tools makes it very special to me.

Hope to hear more from you when the watch arrives, would love to see pictures Very Happy

Best regards
Mike

View user profile

3 Re: New Member on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks Mike.

I have feelings towards the Dornbluth for similar reasons that you mentioned, and I don't even have mine yet.

My wife isn't typically interested in my watches, however she seemed to be very excited for me when I showed her my next purchase. I'm sure part of the reason is the price is much lower than some of the other brands I was considering, but she also shares my appreciation for the other qualities - tradition, quality, rarity, etc.

I can't wait to get it (later this year), but will be sure to post pic when it arrives.

Rich

View user profile

4 Re: New Member on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:51 am

A (very belated!) welcome to the forum, Rich.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum