D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Workshop Extension

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Workshop Extension on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Hello,

all Dornie fans are aware that Dirk's workshop is undergoing major facility extension work.

Does anybody (or Dirk ?) any pictures of the "work in progress" ?

Greetings

Francis

Cool Very Happy Cool

View user profile

2 Re: Workshop Extension on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:31 pm

I hadn't been aware that Dirk & Co. were planning a major extension of the facilities. I am glad to see that the business is doing well and there is no doubt that all of the Dornblueth team deserve every success and reward for all their fantastic work to date.

Perhaps selfishly, I also hope that the expansion of the facility won't result in any major changes to the personal, friendly and highly individual nature of the enterprise.

I'd be very interested in hearing any other details of the expansion that any other forum members may have and naturally I wish Dirk and the others the very best with the changes.

View user profile

3 Re: Workshop Extension on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:49 am

I asked to Dirk to reply this post, he told me that soon he will explain everything adding some pics too..

4 Re: Workshop Extension on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:27 pm

andrea_f wrote:I asked to Dirk to reply this post, he told me that soon he will explain everything adding some pics too..

Great ! Good news, Dirk spoke about it quite a while ago, but it seemed a long way.

Since Kalbe is a bit far for most of us, I shall feel beeing there ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Francis

View user profile

5 Re: Workshop Extension on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Hello everybody,
as Roux already mentioned, we expand our workshop in two floors with a few square meters. The step was necessary to have
1. some privacy with clients, who visit us and
2. to have a change in the working space because of small working area and to realize a better work environment of our team

Both we realized with the new building, which has a dimension of 50 sqm in total on two floors.
In the first floor we have our new presenation room, which is still not 100% finished yet, but we plan to have that until beginning next year (January/February).
Furthermore we moved the staff room in the second floor to have some more space for the bigger old machines, which have been in a very small room, where only one person was able to work in at the same time. This bigger room was necessary to have a another, ver yold engraving machine, which gives us the possibiltry to create the engraved dials for our this year's released Regulator and Gorch Fock I- timepieces.
The second floor has a room with the smaller (watchmakerlike Very Happy ) machines, which moved into the old assembling room, and the new assembling room. The new working space gives each employee more place to work without disturbing the others. Furthermore we have much more daylight, thanks the huuuge windows we installed.

So, the expansion we made is small in comparison to others, but for the daily work and life in our team it was the best decision we could make.

I would be very honoured to welcome you here in our manufacture sooner or later.

The Manufacture

Assembling Room

Machine Room

Machine Room

View user profile

6 Thank you Dirk! on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:55 am

Thanks for bringing us up to date on the progress with your workshop. Happy, comfortable watchmakers must make the finest watches! Very Happy

I can't wait to visit one day soon...............

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

7 Re: Workshop Extension on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Many compliments for this extension the new building seems very comfortable, it's nice to see where our timepieces were created! Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum