D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

A parcel from Germany...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A parcel from Germany... on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:57 pm

I arrived home this evening to find waiting for me a large FedEx parcel from Germany which I've been eagerly awaiting since I placed an order last June.

So, without further ado, I present the new horological love of my life:

It's a 99.1 in stainless steel.

It's got the enamel dial, which has a glorious glossy lustre in real life and which I've tried, and failed miserably, to capture accurately in the photos...

And, of course, the engraved back which I'm going to need a macro lens to capture with any accuracy - I can't get a decent shot of the fine engraving done by hand on the swan neck...

And finally a slightly blurry wrist-shot for perspective...

I might say, if anyone is thinking of ordering a Dornblueth, I cannot speak highly enough of Dirk and his team. I was kept in touch throughout the manufacture, sent photographs of the watch being made, asked for my input on engraving and straps - it really was a very special experience and I will enjoy the watch all the more as a result.

I suspect that those on here who already own a Dornblueth will know what I mean...

View user profile

2 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Great looking watch. Congrats! Let us know about accuracy.
Wear it in the best health.
Z

View user profile

3 Really good looking on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:46 pm

I really like this model!

Pichao

View user profile

4 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks guys! Very Happy

View user profile

5 Dial on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Enamel dial?

Pichao

View user profile

6 Spectacular! on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Congratulations, and thanks for the great photos. That's the first enamel dial I've seen on a 99.X. It looks fantastic! tongue

View user profile http://www.dornbluethblog.com

7 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:05 pm

pichao wrote:Enamel dial?

Pichao

Yes Very Happy

dornblogger wrote:Congratulations, and thanks for the great photos. That's the first enamel dial I've seen on a 99.X. It looks fantastic! tongue

Thank you! The photos really don't do the enamel justice - it's got a refined and delicate finish in real life (I seem to recall that you saw one on your visit to Kalbe?) but my photography skills are non-existent and I can't do it justice. I'll keep trying though!

View user profile

8 re: Congratulations on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:56 pm

vinesf

Mark:
Thank you for sharing the pictures and insights on your beautiful watch.
The workmanship is very impressive and obviously worth the wait.
Enjoy and I look forward to reading your future impressions regarding your Dornblueth.
vincesf

9 Congratulations! on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 am

It looks great! I hope you enjoy it in good health for years to come! Cheers! Very Happy

View user profile

10 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Thank you! Very Happy

View user profile

11 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Your pictures disappeared, perhaps you can repost?
Thanks,
vincesf

View user profile

12 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:52 am

If you open pics in another window, they work.... Rolling Eyes

13 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 am

andrea_f wrote:If you open pics in another window, they work.... Rolling Eyes

Yes, the pictures are back. Again, thank you for sharing. The enamel dial is beautiful and yes you can tell the difference in the photos. This style of subdial was an excellent selection with the enamel dial, and I noted some extra engraving on the back. I wish you many years of enjoyment with your watch.

vincesf

View user profile

14 Re: A parcel from Germany... on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Sorry about the pictures disappearing, I'm a bit of a novice with Photobucket. I think they're back now?

Thanks again for the good wishes and for anyone considering an enamel dial, I recommend it very highly. Even my wife, who normally notices nothing about my watches, said last night "I really like that watch on you - it's got a lovely, old-fashioned look to it."

Unfortunately, about 5 minutes later, she turned to me again and said "Hold on, have you bought another watch??!!" - but that's another story Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum