D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

What makes Dornblueth so special?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What makes Dornblueth so special? on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:33 pm

In your opinion:

1: What makes Dornblueth so special?

2: What are the the pros and cons with the Dornblueth watches?

3: Is the quality comparable to, for example, IWC?

4: Which one is your favourite Dornblueth model and why?

Hope to hear from you!

Pichao

View user profile

2 answers on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:23 pm

pichao wrote:In your opinion:

1: What makes Dornblueth so special?

2: What are the the pros and cons with the Dornblueth watches?

3: Is the quality comparable to, for example, IWC?

4: Which one is your favourite Dornblueth model and why?

Hope to hear from you!

Pichao

I will start with answering my own questions:

1:It is special because it is a small company using "old time" methods. Another special thing is that the watches can be "custom made" according to your wishes.

2: Pros: Completely handmade, and of a high quality. Cons. I am not a owner, so you have to help me here. Issues have been raised about accuracy, but most owners I have been in contact with say that they are very accurate.

3: Probably, at least according to this comparison:

http://www.watchbizz.com/archive/wt_2006_02/WT_2006_02_058.pdf

4: The models I like the most are the regulator and the 99.1 with double rails.
If we are talking about the back sides, the regulator indeed is the most beautiful.

Pichao

View user profile

3 Re: What makes Dornblueth so special? on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:26 pm

On the question of accuracy, a member of another forum had a local watchmaker test his watch ( a 99 if memory serves) with very satisfactory results within 5secs a day (again from memory).

View user profile

4 Re: What makes Dornblueth so special? on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:07 am

halfscrew wrote:On the question of accuracy, a member of another forum had a local watchmaker test his watch ( a 99 if memory serves) with very satisfactory results within 5secs a day (again from memory).

On the Timezone UK forum recently, someone said their watchmaker tested their 99.0 and found it running to within 1 second per day. That sounds almost too good to be true, even for one of Dirk's masterpieces!

View user profile

5 Re: What makes Dornblueth so special? on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Mark wrote:
halfscrew wrote:On the question of accuracy, a member of another forum had a local watchmaker test his watch ( a 99 if memory serves) with very satisfactory results within 5secs a day (again from memory).

On the Timezone UK forum recently, someone said their watchmaker tested their 99.0 and found it running to within 1 second per day. That sounds almost too good to be true, even for one of Dirk's masterpieces!

My 99.1 was timed on a local dealer's electronic timer and it averaged 0 to 0.5 seconds per day. And I posted this fact on TZ UK forum. There is a mint 99.0 for sale on TZ UK Sales Corner for £2200 if anyone is interested - but you need to have 50 posts to be able to access the SC - but might be possible to PM the seller.

Cheers

dunk

View user profile

6 Re: What makes Dornblueth so special? on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:41 pm

sundial wrote:
Mark wrote:

My 99.1 was timed on a local dealer's electronic timer and it averaged 0 to 0.5 seconds per day. And I posted this fact on TZ UK forum. There is a mint 99.0 for sale on TZ UK Sales Corner for £2200 if anyone is interested - but you need to have 50 posts to be able to access the SC - but might be possible to PM the seller.

Cheers

dunk

I'm sorry, Dunk, I didn't mean to question your honesty. I do believe you, it's just that I'm genuinely blown away that accuracy of that kind can be achieved by a mechanical watch that's hand-crafted like a Dornblueth. It's truly an amazing feat.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum